The Church of St Gregory Morville
The Church is set in a totally rural setting, within an enclosed area, in a field and includes a car park and is approached by a driveway. The building was completed in 1118 and retains almost all of the original Norman features and was constructed within the precincts of a Priory establishment. This was destroyed in 1540, leaving the church as the parish place of worship.
The interior presents a warm and friendly atmosphere, that being adjacent to National Trust buildings, attracts many visitors.
The parish draws on a village support of around 275 to which outlying farm and hamlets add another 100. The church enjoys the benefit of active fund raising and other voluntary support. Cooperation with and participation from the C of E Primary school in the village, together with activity groups using the modern Village Hall, greatly encourages a busy and self sufficient community.
The Parish offers services based on the Book of Common Prayer.
1st Sunday 11.00am Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer)
2nd Sunday 11.00am Holy Communion with Sunday School
3rd Sunday 11.00 am Family Service
4th Sunday 11.00am Family Service
St. Gregory’s has its own organist and all services include hymn accompaniment.